Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

The Bigger Creep

Last night on MSNBC's The Situation, Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow (of Air America fame) discussed the foolish comments made by Pat Robertson calling on the U.S. government to assassinate Hugo Chavez. The complete transcript can be found here. Consider this excerpt:

CARLSON: Which is why I‘m not defending Pat Robertson. I‘m merely attacking the press for giving undue attention to this guy.

MADDOW: And following his lead to go attack Hugo Chavez, which I think...

CARLSON: I‘m not. I‘m just saying Hugo Chavez is a creep. Merely pointing that out.

MADDOW: Pat Robertson, bigger creep.

CARLSON: No, he‘s not a bigger creep.

MADDOW: He is.

CARLSON: He didn‘t murder his opponents like Hugo Chavez did. I mean, it‘s one thing to say something far out on television, another thing to actually kill people as Chavez has.

MADDOW: But how about advocating killing your opponent?

CARLSON: I don‘t know. It‘s not as bad as actually killing them.


So, according to Ms. Maddow, a political opponent with waning influence who has made some dumb public statements over the years is worse than an anti-American thug like Chavez. Interesting. I don't understand why anyone would think the American Left is weak on national security.

Check out Thor Halvorssen's Weekly Standard article Hurricane Hugo for a look at Venezuela under the lesser creep.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter