Tuesday, September 29, 2026

 

October Morale Booster?

Scott Johnson:

I met with two federal agents investigating Omar earlier this year on January 22. At the time they asked me as a courtesy not to publicize their investigation. Although I was free to do so, I have kept quiet about it out of a desire not to complicate their work. Events such as the disclosures by administration officials above have led me to believe I should be free to discuss my involvement now.

And:

Some of the issues raised by the agents related to Omar’s late father. He represents a part of her case that I have not explored or written about. He held himself out as a trainer of teachers. In her memoir, as I recall, Omar herself omits any details of his military career.

I helped the agents arrange a meeting with another witness whom they were interested in interviewing. On April 3, I got a call from the lead agent asking me to help put him in contact with another witness, which I did. That witness had a piece of evidence relating to Omar’s father that the agent wanted. I believe the investigation in which I was interviewed is the one that lies behind Secretary Mullin’s comment last week.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter